Brett Davis performs comedy under the guises of his many twisted characters on stage and on his live late night variety television show, The Special Without Brett Davis, which airs online weekly. He also is the increasingly frustrated and disturbed host of The Podcast For Laundry where he portrays a version of himself, horrifyingly obsessed with laundry.
He was recently profiled by The New York Times, was the most recent winner of The Andy Kaufman Award, and was named a "Comic to Watch" by Comedy Central. He wrote, produced and starred in IFC web series Boy Band, the Comedy Central web series Autumn With Dracula and the short film BANANAZZZ.
He is also regular on Our Cartoon President, and has also appeared on The Chris Gethard Show, Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Jon Glaser Loves Gear, Animals, Comedy Central, Adult Swim and MTV. He was in the films Clara's Ghost (Sundance) and Long Nights, Short Mornings (SXSW).
He is behind the live shows John Gentle: A Lone-Man Show, Brett Davis is Not Real, The 548th Annual Illuminati Orgy and The Macaulay Culkin Show. He was a featured act at SF SketchFest, New York Comedy Festival, The Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival, High Plains Comedy Festival, Crom Comedy Fest, Fest, Lincoln Calling, Austin Sketch Fest and the Brooklyn Comedy Festival.
- "The Sociopathic Comedy of Brett Davis" - New York Times
- "On The Verge: Brett Davis" - Splitsider
- "The Andy Kaufman Award Proves the Spirit of Andy Kaufman Is Alive and Well" - Vice
- "In a Post-Trump World, The Special‘s Brett Davis is Still a Character" - Bedford + Bowery
- "'The Special Without Brett Davis Is the Best Punk Rock Comedy Show on Public Access TV" - Noisey
- "The Year In Comedy Podcasts" - Splitsider
TO CONTACT BRETT, CLICK HERE