Brett Davis performs comedy under the guises of his many twisted characters on stage and on his weekly, live late night variety television show The Special Without Brett Davis airing online worldwide. He was recently profiled by The New York Times.
He was the most recent winner of The Andy Kaufman Award, and he was named a "Comic to Watch" by Comedy Central, which later presented his live one-man show Brett Davis Is Not Real.
He also is the increasingly frustrated and disturbed host of The Podcast For Laundry where he portrays a laundry obsessive who "forces guests to sit through the truest ramblings of a madman. He wrote, produced and starred in IFC web series Boy Band, the Comedy Central web series Autumn With Dracula and the short film BANANAZZZ.
He has also appeared on The Chris Gethard Show, Late Show with Seephen Colbert, Jon Glaser Loves Gear, Animals, Our Cartoon President, Comedy Central, Adult Swim, MTV, He has also been on The Best Show, in the films Clara's Ghost (Sundance) and Long Nights, Short Mornings (SXSW), and in numerous music videos.
He has previously co-hosted the erroneously titled comedy showcase, The Macaulay Culkin Show at Brooklyn's Shea Stadium before it closed, and hosts and puts on wild shows around NYC like The Lethal Lottery and The Annual Illuminati Orgy. He was a featured act at SF SketchFest, New York Comedy Festival, The Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival (NYC), High Plains Comedy Festival (Denver), Crom Comedy Fest (Toronto, Denver), Fest (Gainesville), Lincoln Calling and the Brooklyn Comedy Festival.
- "The Sociopathic Comedy of Brett Davis" - New York Times
- "On The Verge: Brett Davis" - Splitsider
- "The Andy Kaufman Award Proves the Spirit of Andy Kaufman Is Alive and Well" - Vice
- "In a Post-Trump World, The Special‘s Brett Davis is Still a Character" - Bedford + Bowery
- "'The Special Without Brett Davis Is the Best Punk Rock Comedy Show on Public Access TV" - Noisey
- "The Year In Comedy Podcasts" - Splitsider
TO CONTACT BRETT, CLICK HERE